Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Anyone else had this problem?
Anyone else had this problem?

4033 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2017-01-21 13:11:46

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    Howlet
    2016-12-29 15:53:44
    On 2016-08-23 scs autos posted "maxisys display fault". In it he stated that when he turned on his 908p to display white lines across the screen rotating from bottom to top of screen.

I also hav e this problem. I thought my computer was broken until I was able to connect it to my television. I found out that everything was working except the display.

Last night I turned the display on and for a moment the battery symbol showed up but then quickly returned to the white lines scrolling from bottom to top.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you do?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-12-29 18:32:07 (Reply to:Howlet)

If it is still within warranty period , I would contact your seller, and make arrangement  for it's  return for repair and make sure you do it in a way that, time, dates, names, and  everything gets documented ,  certificates of mailing, shipping  insurance, and delivery confirmation.
      If it is not under warranty you could zip your lip and purchase a total care update for over a grand, use it for a couple weeks with an external monitor or TV, then arrange to send it in to see if they make good on Total Care and then drop another $500 to have the head replaced, or you can say F' that , back up all the software and see if you can find a new replacement LCD screen and try and fix it yourself.
      Maybe just run a HDMI cable to a small touchscreen tablet or LCD screen affixed right over the Maxi Sys and use a wireless mouse.

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    Howlet
    2017-01-01 22:57:33 (Reply to:witsend)
    Much appreciated witsend. This whole experience has left me kicking myself.

Really wish that I had found this website before I purchased the Maxisys 908 Pro.
    Very expensive mistake considering the hassles that I have endured from this POS.

Ever notice that you cant find anything negative about Autel Maxisys on the internet?

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    billymck

2017-01-03 00:00:42 (Reply to:Howlet)

you should read the forums and go back to about 1year.

quick question....if you did read the forums before you made your purchase what scanner would you have purchased?? just wondering caz i have most of the high end aftermarket scanners and you call the maxisys a "POS" so what isnt a pos. i'd really like to know

bill

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    Howlet
    2017-01-08 20:43:49 (Reply to:billymck)
    Beacause you are asking Bill, I can only assume that you are not having any problems.
    Good for you.
    That has not been the case for me. from day one my scanner has crashed almost
    every time I used it. It has always taken hours to update. Now my screen doesnt
    function. Is that not a POS?

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    Howlet
    2017-01-08 20:44:49 (Reply to:billymck)
    Beacause you are asking Bill, I can only assume that you are not having any problems.
    Good for you.
    That has not been the case for me. from day one my scanner has crashed almost
    every time I used it. It has always taken hours to update. Now my screen doesnt
    function. Is that not a POS?

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    billymck

2017-01-08 23:56:33 (Reply to:Howlet)

yes it is; anything that don't work as intended is.... i was just wonder what the exact problem was... i had some issues a month ago with my maxisys mini: all of a sudden it would drop-out communications with different car lines...so they had me send it in for a hard drive wipe/install and check battery weak? got it back, only to have the same problem...i ended up getting a new maxisys mini, cable, and vci...at no expense from me, except shipping the orignal unit...the new one is fine.... something must have been up with hardware since new software didn't fix it...oh i was within 1 month of expire of purchased update..

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    Howlet
    2017-01-21 12:52:08 (Reply to:Howlet)
     After  troubleshooting my system I came to beleive that some system files had eitherbeen lost or had become corrupt.

If I left the tablet alone for an extended period of time while turned off and plugged in, I could remove
    the charging plug and the boot sequence would begin.  The battery icon would turn up on the screen but the next sequence of the boot would quickly return to the white lines rolling up the screen.

Because we cant access any boot options or we cant boot into safemode I was stuck for a while. Then I realised 
    that when I initially pulled the charging plug and the battery icon showed up on the screen I could reinsert the charging
    plug and the battery icon would change colors and then voila the rest of the boot sequence started showing up on the screen!

My tablet screen is now working but not in the proper colors I can only guess that Im in safe mode..

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    Howlet
    2017-01-21 13:11:46 (Reply to:Howlet)
     While I still cant boot normally using the power button and my screen is in a different color scheme Im happy just knowing
    that my tablet still functions. Ill figure it all out eventually and Im not going to spend any money doing it.

Anyone that has spent any time with computers knows how badly the end user of this product is handicapped by not having traditional troubleshooting tools at our finger tips.
  Total1 Pages